Using Vrbo to Manage Ocean City Maryland Vacation Home Rentals
Are you looking for a way to generate income from your vacation home in Ocean City Maryland? Here are some tips on how to manage Ocean City MD vacation home rentals with Vrbo.
Vrbo is a platform that allows homeowners to manage their short-term rental properties. This can be a great way to make some extra money while you’re not using your vacation home.
Vrbo stands for Vacation Rentals by Owner. Vrbo is a subsidiary of Expedia Group, the travel company that offers online booking for flights, hotels, and rental cars.
Pay-Per-Booking Model vs Subscription Model
Vrbo offers two different listing models: pay-per-booking and subscription. With the pay-per-booking model, you will be charged a fee every time someone books your property. With the subscription model, you will be charged a flat yearly fee, regardless of how many bookings you receive.
Which listing model is right for you? That depends on how often your property is booked. If your home is booked frequently, the subscription model may be a better option. If your home is only occasionally booked, the pay-per-booking model may be more cost-effective.
The basics of how to list your property
The first step is to create an account. Then you’ll need to enter your property’s URL or address and select the type of listing you would like- pay-per-booking or subscription. You can also add photos for your listing here.
The next step is to provide some details about your property. This includes things like the number of bedrooms, bathrooms, and amenities. You can enter a description of your property. You can also add photos for your listing as well.
The next step is to set your pricing and availability calendar. You can price each night individually or just use a nightly rate based on how many nights you want people to stay in your property (e.g., “30% discount for stays over 28 days”).
You can use Vrbo to set the availability of your property. You can also add special pricing for certain dates. You can also set check-in and check-out dates.
Once this is done, click to list the property and your Ocean City Maryland beach house rental will be live on Vrbo!
Tips to get the most out of your listing
Now that we’ve gone over the basics of how to list your Ocean City Maryland vacation home rentals on Vrbo, let’s go over some tips to get the most out of your listing.
- When setting availability, always remember to account for check-in and check-out times.
Be sure to leave enough time between check-out and check-in times to allow your cleaner to get the house ready for the next guest.
- Make sure to list any special amenities that your property has (e.g., pool, beach access, etc.).
Include the number of “hang out spaces”. This will give your guests room to spread out.
- If you’re looking to fill in any gaps in your calendar, consider offering a discount for last-minute bookings or long-term stays.
- Use the “Description” field to give potential guests a better idea of what your property is like.
This can include things like how close it is to the beach and local attractions nearby such as mini-golf and water parks.
- Take advantage of Vrbo’s Ocean City Maryland vacation home rentals map feature to show potential guests exactly where your listing is located.
- The map feature will also help you find properties listed by your competitors. You can then set up a competitor list (Vrbo calls this a “set”). This is a great aid in setting prices during various parts of the season. Vrbo has other tools to help with setting prices depending on your set of competitors.
- Make sure to keep your listing updated with any changes in availability or pricing.
Check your listing every day during the high season. During the off-season, it’s good to check at least once per week.
- Respond promptly to any inquiries from potential guests!
You want to build a good relationship with your guests. Nothing does it better than responding to their questions promptly.
Listing your vacation home will bring in supplemental income
Ocean City Maryland is a popular destination for short-term rentals. If you’re looking to supplement your Ocean City vacation home purchase with additional income, Vrbo can help you do just that!
You can list your Ocean City property on the pay-per-booking model or subscribe at an affordable yearly price. Vrbo has options tailored to suit any budget.